We offer full body massage treatments to help you feel more relaxed and energized.
All massage services will be located our Lafayette location.
- Signature 50-minute Massage
- Signature 80-minute Massage
- Deep Tissue 50-minute Massage
- Deep Tissue 80-minute Massage
- Prenatal 50-minute Massage
- Prenatal 80-minute Massage
- Hot Stone 50-minute Massage
- Hot Stone 80-minute Massags
While therapeutic massage is often associated with relaxation, it has multiple physical and mental health benefits that make it an excellent investment in your health and overall well-being.
What is Massage?
Massage consists of rubbing, pressing, and manipulating the muscles, tendons, ligaments, and skin. The pressure can range from light to deep, depending on your goal for the massage and individual preferences.
For example, therapeutic massage for stress relief typically utilizes gentle strokes that help reduce anxiety and promote energy. Deep massage uses more forceful pressure to manipulate deeper muscle and tissue layers to repair muscle damage.
Types of Therapeutic Massage
There are several types of therapeutic massage you can utilize:
- Deep tissue massage: A focused massage that applies slow, sustained pressure to the inner muscle and tissue layers. Deep tissue massage can break up scar tissue to reduce tension, tightness, and soreness in your body.
- Prenatal massage: A massage that’s adjusted to a pregnant woman’s unique needs so that the techniques and positions are safe for pregnancy and address her specific issues. Prenatal massage can reduce swelling, alleviate aches and pains (including sciatic nerve pain), and help with mood regulation.
- Hot stone massage: A type of massage therapy that places heated stones on certain parts of your body, such as the spine, feet, and face. The stones are flat and smooth. We use the stones to promote relaxation, reduce tension, and ease muscle pain.
What are the Benefits of Massage?
Massage has several benefits that make it a terrific addition to your schedule:
- Reduces stress and anxiety
- Increases relaxation and energy
- Improves circulation
- Alleviates muscle pain, soreness, and tension
- Lowers blood pressure and heart rate
- Improves the functioning of the immune system
Most people feel better immediately after their massage. If you’re using massage to reduce muscle soreness, you may feel additional soreness for a day or two as the toxins leave your body and your tissues repair themselves.
Get Started with Therapeutic Massage
At Sanctuaire MD, we’re ready to help you use therapeutic massage to help you optimize your physical and mental health. Contact us to book your appointment and experience the benefits of massage therapy.
3587 Mt. Diablo Blvd
Lafayette, CA 94549
533 Moraga Rd Suite 120
Moraga, CA 94556
Tue - Fri: 10am - 5pm
Sat: 10am - 3pm
Sun & Mon: Closed